Slaughter High (1986)
Directed by: Gerorge Dugdale, Mark Ezra and Peter Litten
Starring: Caroline Munro, Simone Scuddamore and Carmine Iannaconne
- There's Horror in the Halls... Lynching in the Lunchroom... Murder in Metal Shop.
- Marty majored in cutting classmates.
- For murder, Marty gets ten out of ten.
- Where the student body is going to pieces.
- Marty was the dork of Doddsville High. One day he got mad... then he got even!
- "Carol Manning: We'll take my car... it starts every time "
- "Marty Rantzen: Hey, what's going on?
Carol Manning: Ever try it under the shower before?"
- "Stella: Talk dirty, Frank! Talk dirty!
Frank: Um... tits.
Stella: DIRTY dirty!
Frank: Um... fuck. Ah, tits. Screw."
A group of popular students play a cruel prank on a shy nerd resulting in a terrible accident. Years later a reunion is held where each of the students face a stalker killer who may be the same nerd out for revenge.
The producers of this film initially intended to call it April Fool's Day, but renamed it after learning of Paramount's same-titled slasher film scheduled for release the same year.
The film was shot in England, and many of the actors use fake American accents. The original music score was composed by Harry Manfredini, of Friday the 13th fame.
I just love this film. Anything that involves a nerd, gay, blonde, fat, ugly, aliens etc seeking revenge is cool. I mean they are all people to (maybe except aliens) and they are considered a week link in society for some. Maybe not for the directors/writers making/writing these kind of movies..
The sad thing about this film is that Simon Scuddamore, who plays the film's slasher, committed suicide shortly after production of the film.
I give this classic 8/10 pukes
Simon Scuddamore (1956 - 1984):
Simon Scudamore was born on April 15, 1956 in Westminster, London, England. He was the son of James and Pauline Scudamore and had two brothers named Nick and Matthew. He worked at a school for deprived children. Scudamore's sole acting role in a movie was a substantial part as vengeful and disfigured persecuted nerd Marty Rantzen in the enjoyably gruesome and nasty horror slasher cult favorite "Slaughter High."
Scudamore was not available on weekends while Slaughter High was being filmed, due to the fact that he helped out at a school for deprived children.
Sadly, he committed suicide at age 28 on November 21, 1984 in London, England. Death resulted from an apparently intentional drug overdose.
- When Ted finds his old shoes in his locker, he hands them to Skip and says "There you go Skip - You're always borrowing from me anyway...". Yet, his mouth doesn't move.
- The students are supposedly attending their 10-year reunion, which would mean they graduated in 1976, yet there is a reference to their being the class of 1980.
- When Marty is talking to Caroline while he gets undressed, he just takes off his shirt. He clearly has his jeans on in that entire part. He then rips open the curtains and still has his jeans on, yet in the next cut, in which the camera is in front of him, he is completely naked, no clothes whatsoever.
- When Marty comes out of the locker room after throwing up, the tissues he is holding switch from his left hand to his right hand and back.
- Right before Ted chugs the beer, his shirt is buttoned up all the way. In the next shot, it is partially unbuttoned.
- Right before the accident Marty is wearing a letterman jacket then when he is splashed with the acid he is no longer wearing the jacket.
- When the bullies are manhandling Marty and dunking him in the toilet at the beginning, Marty has been replaced by a very obvious mannequin.