2019: After the Fall of New York
Directed by: Sergio Martino
Starring: Michael Sopkiw, Valentine Monnier and George Eastman
- In The Year 2019, The Future Depends on One Man.
This is one of those movies where it is hard to describe what you want to describe. It is hard because the hero is a hard ass, but yet maybe to baby faced. I don't know. I think this is the hardest movie for me to review.
After a nuclear war, society breaks down into two groups, the evil Euraks and the rebel Federation. A mercenary named Parsifal is hired by the Federation to infiltrate New York City, which is controlled by the Euraks, to rescue the only fertile woman left on Earth. The film is just filled with surprises... It is a roller coaster, but not that scary, you just want to ride it more and more. Eventually you end up staying in line for the same roller coaster over and over again, but can't really figure out why you like this specific carnival device...
This one gets 8.5/10 pukes
- As the two then-surviving members of the Four Pirates of New Orleans push Parsifal's car over the cliff, there is a brief shot of what are supposed to be the driver's legs and feet working the pedals. The legs and feet are actually Parsifal's, not the driver's, as can be seen from the pants and boots.
- As the ship takes off for Alpha Centauri at the end of the film, Parsifal and others are simply standing around on the ship without being strapped in. This is especially odd since the President has specifically referred to his inability to endure the g-forces during takeoff.
- The scientist is said to have placed his daughter Melissa into hibernation to protect her from the effects of radiation. But merely placing her in hibernation would not protect her eggs from radiation damage, and the transparent cover of her case does not appear to consist of radiation shielding.
- When the sewer rats are devouring a man alive, a close-up of a "rat" chewing on flesh reveals it to actually be a guinea pig.