Birdemic: Shock and Terror (2010)
Directed by: James Nguyen
Starring: Whitney Moore, Alan Bagh and Tippi Hedren
- Why Did The Eagles Attacked?
- Who will survive?
- "Ramsey: I'm just tired of all the fucking killing in Iraq. Why can't we just give peace a chance?"
- "Dr. Jones: It's the human species that needs to quit playing cowboy with nature. We must act more like astronauts, spacemen taking care of Spaceship Earth."
- "Rod: Hey, look! There's an old guy on the bridge!"
- "Tree Hugger: Enjoy, and appreciate these trees while you can!"
- "Tree Hugger: I hear a mountain lion! I gotta get back to my house and you better get to your car!"
- "Ramsey: Where's Becky?
Rod: She's taking a shit. Nathalie is watching her back."
- "Ramsey: [while in bed with Becky] Man, this is gonna be fun."
- "Nathalie: I think you're the one.
Rod: Are you sure?"
- "Rod: Oh, lovers on the moon.
James Nguyen is a genius. Whenever someone spend 10 000$ on a film and manages to release it, creating a group of followers and the film gets cult status, that is well done. Genius!!
Da Nang-borndirector James Nguyen's family fled Vietnam in 1975, shortly before the Fall of Saigon. He never received any formal training in moviemaking, but instead grew up watching the movies of Alfred Hitchcock, including his 1963 picture The Birds, and his 1958 movie, Vertigo, which Nguyen considers his favorite among the director's films. Nguyen went on to be a software salesman in Silicon Valley. He first picked up a camera in 1999, and eventually directed two movies, Julie and Jack and Replica. The former, released in 2003, was a low-budget romance, while the latter was never released. Nguyen blamed this on the expensive storyboarding process and his casting decisions.
Nguyen was inspired to write the script for Birdemic: Shock and Terror while spending time relaxing in Half Moon Bay, California, and much of the filming took place in the area surrounding the community. Birdemic took four years to produce, largely due to time limitations - filming was done mostly on weekends and financed through Nguyen's day job.
Birdemic: Shock and Terror (often shortened to Birdemic) is a 2008 independent horror film written, directed, and produced by James Nguyen. The leading cast is made up of Alan Bagh and Whitney Moore. An apparent homage to The Birds, Birdemic tells the story of a romance between the two main characters as their small town is attacked by birds.
Birdemic was made with no studio support, largely self-financed and produced through Nguyen's Moviehead Pictures company for a budget of less than $10,000.The film has gained notoriety for its poor quality, with some critics citing it as one of the worst films ever made. After a limited theatrical release, the film gained a cult following.
This film is one of a kind, everyone will love it, everyone should love it. The acting is worst that horrible and the special effects are epic. It is one to watch, one to talk about, one to play without audio at a fucked up party.
I give this film 10/10 pukes plus 2 thumbs up!!
Did you know:
- When this film was rejected from the Sundance Film Festival, James Nguyen promoted his film by putting banners, fake blood, and fake birds all over his van. He would drive around to advertise until it caught the attention of Severin Films, which then distributed this film.
- James Nguyen spent four years making this movie.
- James Nguyen made the actresses wear bikinis during the make-out scenes because he didn't want any of the couples to actually have sex.
Interview with the director (hilarious guy):