Jack Frost (1997)
Directed by: Michael Cooney
Starring: Scott MacDonald, Christopher Allport and Stephen Mendel
- He's chillin...and killin
- "[after seeing a corpse dressed up like a Christmas tree]
Deputy Pullman: You don't reckon that we keep her up for the twelve days of Christmas, then? "
- "Sally: She's only talking back to you because she's upset.
Jake: Sally, when I want philosophy, I'll turn on "Oprah.""
- "Tommy: What the hell are you?
Jack Frost: The world's most pissed-off snow cone!"
- "Jack Frost: Gosh. I only axed you for a smoke."
- "Jack Frost: Don't eat yellow snow!"
- "Tommy: I said, who's there?
[Jack Frost hits Tommy, and enters the house]
Jack Frost: Well it ain't fucking Frosty!"
- "[Jack's head flying through the air]
Jack Frost: I can see your house from up here!"
- "[after reforming himself in a distorted way]
Jack Frost: Look, Ma! I'm a Picasso!"
- "Agent Manners: It's at a time like this, when I think all we can do is turn our eyes up to the heavens and say...
[looks up and realizes Jack is back]
Agent Manners: ...Oh shit."
- "Agent Manners: Agent Manners.
Agent Manners: Sure. Why not?"
- "[Sam has frightened Stone with a warning shot]
Stone: Do something!
Agent Manners: Like what? Teach him how to shoot better?"
- "Paul Davrow: Fucker's a snowman!"
- "[Jack Frost has killed Jill]
Jack Frost: Looks like Christmas came a little early this year. Well, I hope it was good for you honey. Oh, I must remember to send flowers."
- "Jack Frost: [to Paul] Ho ho ho. And what's your name little boy?"
Ho Ho Ho yes! When I got the idea of doing reviews on christmas b-movies I thought it was a good idea. Then I watched the first film, "Christmas Evil", and my doubts were almost taking over because of its poopness. Instead of putting on a typical "Conan the Barbarian" type warrior and sorcery kind of movie, I chose "Jack Frost" giving the christmas movies another chance. Man do I not regret this.
The story is set in a small town where a serial killer dies and is genetically mutated in car wreck on the way to his execution. After which, he becomes a murdering snowman hell-bent on revenge for the sheriff who caught him.
This film is filled with funny quotes and unforgettable one liners. It also has terrible acting. It is a roller coaster, a funny horror movie where the unexpected is a part of the script.
In other words, I enjoyed every second of it and have a good feeling on the sequel, "Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman".
This is MY advice to YOU:
- make it a christmas tradition and watch it every christmas holiday.
- Drink beer, smoke dope, stay sober (or whatever you're into...) while watching it.
- Dimm the lights.
- Make sure to have everything at its place (for example snacks, you will need your popcorn, just don't get any stuck in your throat and sufficate, so chose your eating moments wisely.).
- Go to the toilet before you start the movie and after you finish it.
Do not ignore this one. It is one to watch, one to own, or one to re-act in a school play. Even though the snowman in the movie looks nothing like the one on its dvd cover, you won't get disappointed.
I give this film 8.5/10 pukes...
Did you know that this is Shannon Elizabeth's (American Pie, Scary Movie, Jay and Silent Bob Strikes back) first acting role.
- Throughout the whole movie there's wind whistling, but there is never a visual indication of wind whatsoever.
- Icicles on the church wobble as if made of rubber just before Jack Frost arrives.
!! The goofs below may give away important plot points !! :
- When Jack is killing the girl in the bathtub, she can be seen waving her hand in front of the window from the outside, but every time they cut back to her being attacked, her hands/arms are stuck inside Jack.
- Near the end when they burn Jack with the oatmeal, the car goes to hit him, the black wire that pulls him off screen is visible.