What is PRUNO????
One thing I have been thinking about lately is Pruno.
I bet you don't know what Pruno is do you? Well it is pretty easy.
Pruno is Prison Wine. It is what inmates make to get drunk. I have for a long time wished to make this wine that is nowhere to be found in shops. I want to invite people and tell them that drinks are on me, no need to drink your own. I got it...
I will not keep this a secret, so here is how you make Pruno:
this is what I found on wikihow.com :
- Baker's yeast
- Fruit (example: 6 oranges)
- Fruit cocktail
- Flavored candy and water.
- Smash the fruit(oranges) in the ziplock bag with a hammer of just your fists. (leave the pulp in the bag too.)
- Add sugar and yeast to a small cup to mix and then add that into the smashed fruit.
- Add in the can of fruit cocktail and half a cup of water.
- Put the whole ziplock bag into the bowl and fill the bowl with warm water to facilitate fermentation.
- Change the warm water every day to get optimum results.
- After fermenting for 7-8 days depending on the amount of sugar, pour the mixture through the strainer into the bottle.
- Chill before serving.
- Do not completely seal the ziplock bag as it may EXPLODE after sometime(it happened to mine.)
- the taste of the pruno depends on the sugar added and the choice of fruit.
- the alcohol level can be from 2%(a weak beer) to 14%(a strong wine).
you can also check out this site:
last but not least, check out this video: